1 To provide legal advice and assistance to all senior colleagues within a large public sector organisation.
2 To advise and provide representation in relation to legal proceedings and hearings.
3 To attend formal legal proceedings / hearings to represent the company.
4 To instruct counsel and attend conferences to ensure that relevant actions are planned and executed to protect the client and in compliance with court requirements.
5 To provide resilience for the Senior Solicitor and Head of Legal Services (Operational) in relation to all aspects and functions of the Legal Services department.
Qualifications and Experience
· Must be a qualified solicitor or barrister with a current practising certificate.
· Must have experience which includes making Court Applications, attendance at Court, complying with Court Directions/Orders, preparing witness statements, making decisions/recommendations in relation to liability, dealing with costs issues and briefing Counsel.
· Must have experience of providing legal advice to senior representatives or officers in an organisation x Must be able to draft bespoke and often complex documentation and be able to advise upon high profile issues through to conclusion.
· Must be an experienced advocate with proven negotiating and presentational skills.
· Have experience and a case management system.
Must have knowledge and experience in the conduct and management of matters in the following fields: (a) Public liability claims; (b) Employers liability claims; (c) Miscellaneous liability claims, (d) Judicial Review (e) Debt recovery matters (f) Health and Safety (g) Coroner's inquests.
· Must be able to take on an existing workload and must be prepared to undergo vetting to management level.
· Must be comfortable with responding to fast changing requirements with minimal supervision, as well as providing legal advice and guidance at strategic and day to day levels.
· Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Level 1 Welsh essential (training will be given). Welsh language skills Level 2 and above are desirable.
· A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience or similar relevant experience.
Job Type: Temporary
From £25.38 to £25.38 per h
£25.38 - 25.38 per hour + 0
Contact: Nia Evans
Last Updated: 31/10/2023Apply